All for Joomla All for Webmasters

New Toyota Auris previewed

q5rwazeiolu47155.jpg

New Toyota Auris previewed

The bold new design of the next-generation Toyota Auris has been previewed in these leaked patent drawings. The new Auris,
due to be revealed in concept car form by the end of this year ahead of a 2013 launch, is the latest model to have some visual flair injected into it as part of Toyota boss Akio Toyoda’s brief to create “more characterful models”.

Images surfaced on the internet last week of the new Auris’s Japanese sister car, the Corolla. Toyota confirmed they were not wholly representative of the UK-spec car. The patent drawings obtained by Autocar were registered in Germany, and reveal the concept car that will lead the way to the more distinctive Auris production car.

Toyoda has tasked Toyota Europe with developing the firm’s future core models for the market from the Aygo to the Avensis in size. The first model to come from this initiative is the new Yaris Hybrid, which will be followed by the new Auris.

As well as focusing on bold design, future Toyotas will put a much greater emphasis on more involving driving dynamics, something for
which the current Auris has been criticised.

The new Auris’s platform is understood to have been engineered with a hybrid drivetrain in mind. The current Auris Hybrid had the Prius’s drivetrain engineered into it mid-way through its life, compromising on boot capacity.

Lessons learned from reducing the size, weight and efficiency of the hybrid drivetrain from the Prius and Auris to fit in the smaller Yaris will be incorporated into the new
Auris hybrid.

Updated versions of today’s 1.3 and 1.6-litre petrol engines are likely to carry over from launch, but the chief addition to the next-generation Auris line-up shortly after launch will be BMW diesel engines. Both 1.6 and 2.0-litre BMW oil-burners are tipped to be offered, which could help push the Auris into the mainstream.

Toyota’s Burnaston plant in Derbyshire will be the sole factory building the new Auris hatchback. An estate model is also planned,
as is a small saloon, but the
UK is unlikely to take the latter due to their relative unpopularity here.

There has been speculation that Toyota is set to ditch the Auris name, in favour of a new badge or a return to Corolla. But Autocar understands the Auris badge will remain for
the new model.

6 thoughts on “New Toyota Auris previewed”

1. games says:

Just wish to say your article is as astounding. The clearness for your post is simply great and i can suppose you&1quo;re an expert on this subject. Fine along with your permission let me to clutch your feed to stay updated with impending post. Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.

2. Cody says:

Ok Magicman…. Your lucky you&1quo;re the shizz… Ill give it a try…. Don&1quo;t make me give the new free to play weekly the good ol A-BOMB!!! If she sucks ill do it 😛 Cant wait for the new free to play cast….

3. pauul says:

Vindictus in my opinion is more fun if you like games that involve a lot of specifique moves because you dont have as many skills to choose from so you have to learn the bosses attack patter1 and figure out how to counter it with what you have DN on the second hand is alot of fun if you like having a CRAP lode of diffrent abilities and clicking the keybored to use them i1tead of the mouse i prefer VINDI over DN because you also have alot more customizing choices for your characte1 you can make your armour any coulour and make your guy just look epic DN on the other hand evryone seems to look the exact same alomost evan at higher levels. As for AGE there just diffrent styles DN is not just for kids although it is more kid freindly. for me it seems evrything in vindictus looks diffrent and you feel like your going in new places and killing stronger and cooler mo1te1 as for DN to me the scenery all looks pretty alike so even at the later lvs I dont feel like anything has really changed. Also all the skills in DN look awesome but it also mea1 that nothing is really amazing unlike vindictus where most of the attacks are just plain normal so when U use something AWESOME it really feels cooler unlike DN where its just another move. The only reasone I kinda prefer DN is because PVP in vindictus SUCKS…. like ass it just sucks….but besides that i find that vindictus takes more skill and focus then DN in PVE and is more fun even when your soloing………SRY for my very suky spelling =P

4. Lanmanna says:

…What?

5. born_naughty says:

I still don’t unde1tand how this works. If you know the fi1t is a made up word why would you chose someone elses “bogus fabrication”?nPlus, this mea1 all your friends need a smartphone/tablet. I know a lot of people that don’t have that. This should be a game that you can play with people of all ages but I don’t know many 50+ year olds with a smartphone. And my best friend doesn’t have a smartphone either. I’m 26 btw.nThe reason I’m a1wering this post is because I’m looking for this kind of partygame to play when I have visito1 and I’m curious about your comments on this.

6. CaoticHazard says: